If you need inspiration, here are 50+ couple poses and ideas that you can use year-round to capture unforgettable moments. Whether it is the wedding engagement photos, engagement pictures, prom pictures, or year-round, you’ll love these ideas that will help you avoid disappointment and get the couple photos your clients will want.
Did you know that nearly 40% of engagements occur between November and February? Neither did we. Valentine’s Day marks the end of engagement season and since the weather is warming up I put together a gallery of some key couple poses, tips, and photoshoot ideas to prepare you for your next couples photo shoot.
When preparing for a couples photoshoot, it’s easy to get caught up making sure your gear is good to go and connecting with your clients, but one thing you don’t want to overlook is how to pose your couple. Awkward body language and posing are nearly impossible to fix in post-production. Thinking about the couple poses first sets the tone of the photograph.
One of the key things I do to prepare when doing couples photography is to create a gallery of photos to serve as a moodboard to track inspirations and references. This is a helpful tool to communicate the look & style you’re going for with your clients and crew, like hair & makeup artists.
- Prior to the shoot get to know when they want to want to a photoshoot in the day or night photography.
- Get to know your couple and their dynamic before your shoot. Listen for details about how they communicate with each other and what they’re passionate about.
- During the shoot, interact with the couple by asking them to recount their first date or how they met. This will give them a chance to connect with each other and take their minds off of the shoot.
- Keep things moving by asking the couple to stay in motion. Whether it’s walking or a simple caress, avoid stiff poses by encouraging your couple to interact with each other and their environment.
Poses & Inspiration for Couples Photography:
Resting on a bench
Near a sunset
Hugging & Looking at the Camera
Hugging & Looking at Each Other
Looking into the Distance
Lying Down & Facing the Camera
Lying Down & Face Each Other Away
A Romantic Walk
Romantic Bath Together
Golden Hour Silhouettes
Shallow Depth of Field
Candid Moments at Home
A Gorgeous View
Fake a Selfie
Now that you’re inspired, try to create your own gallery on 500px to track photos you love and help prepare for your next photoshoot.
You Might Also Like These Articles:
- 30 Romantic Rainy Wedding Day Wedding
- 55 Creative Wedding Entourage Photo Ideas
- 40 Inspirational Photography Quotes…and 10 Funny Ones
- 35 Mobile Photography Tips For Taking Better Smartphone Shots
The post 50 Popular Couple Poses Ideas for Cute Couple Photos appeared first on 500px.